Sunday, August 24, 2008

Everything In Life Is Exciting!


Everything in life is exciting! Only the perception of life makes it anything other than exciting. Everyday I find things to be thankful for despite events in my life that may look less than perfect. I am learning to take every moments as it comes just like my granddaughter does. They don't worry or fret! They are intense and in the moment, totally absorbed and present in everything that they do!
The teachers of our time tell us that it is necessary to learn to do one thing at a time. I have been trying this for the last week and it is a task that takes quite a bit of concentration and focus. However, over the past week I have experienced the bliss of just walking. It is amazing! I feel the muscles moving, the skeleton moving, my breath going in and out, the movement causing my hair move away from my face. It is extremely exhilerating and brings a smile to my face. I feel a peace and joy that I usually only experience during mediation.
Take a few moments- experience being present on your own. Only if it is for just one moment today. If you are eating only eat and pay attention to that. If you are washing dishes only wash dishes and pay attention to do that. Whatever you are doing give it your full attention. Repeat this through out the day. Notice the way you feel, notice how it feels just to be. Enjoy being as the animals, the plants, and the little children do.

No comments: